There are many ways to approach nonprofit research. This is a list of ideas with accompanying videos.
If you need more assistance or detail, reach out to your Librarian, RhondaK@bigbend.edu
1) Guidestar & Tax Information at State and Federal Level
2) Website Elements to Look for on Organization Website
3) Newsbank and Academic Search Complete : Research News and Magazine Articles
4) Google Strategies to Delve into Reputation and Works Including Social Media - Google Advanced
Find 990s, board demographics, operations, some financials, and more. Use this sign-in for GuideStar unless you wish to create an account.
Ratings for nonprofits including accountability and transparency metrics.
Quick Demo of Charity Navigator
Includes 990s, determination letters, pub. 78 data, and automatic revocation of exemption list. This is slim information that may be repeated elsewhere.
These exist in all states. This one has articles of incorporation, annual reports, notices, and states the status of the entity.
1) About | Mission statement | Activities Funded
2) Financials & Accountability Statements | Transparency
3) Boards of Directors | Administration | Governance
4) Fundraising Events
The William C. Bonaudi
Library and eLearning Director: